Visual Pharmacy® for Windows is the accumulation of 15 years of experience in pharmacy dispensing-system design. Visual Pharmacy is designed to maximize the advantages of the Windows graphic interface and help pharmacies process prescriptions quickly and safely.
Visual Pharmacy organizes and displays information in concise groupings that simplify your pharmacy staff’s access to the information necessary to fill prescriptions efficiently. We carefully made Visual Pharmacy as intuitive as possible, automating many processes so you can concentrate more on your patients and profitability.
- Install, learn and operate system with ease
- Lower your pharmacy technology operating costs
- Fill Rxs quickly and safely
- Manage Inventory
- Print laser or thermal prescription labels
- Capture signatures electronically with EZ-Sign
- Integrate Point of Sale with Visual POS
- Multitasking: Process multiple prescriptions simultaneously in multiple windows.
- Fast Refills: Refill prescriptions at patient’s profile with just a few keystrokes or mouse clicks.
- Drug Utilization Review: Screen prescriptions against the patient’s file for duplicate prescriptions, drug interactions, allergies and patient compliance based on timeliness of refills.
- Compounding: Compound at the ingredient level.
- Efficient Function: Link SIG codes and free text to quickly produce detailed directions. Write unlimited notes for patients, doctors, drugs and prescriptions.
- Master Drug Database: Add new drug products and images instantly from master drug database.
- Master Doctor Database: Add physicians from a database with more than 1 million records.
- Spanish Language Support: Provide English and Spanish prescription labels, warning labels and patient educational materials.
- Patient and third-party card/coverage look-up
- Nursing Home/LTC with E-MARs
- In-store customer charge accounts
- Loyalty programs
- Quick, convenient prescription price quotes
- Master drug file with display of in-stock drugs
- Price Modeler to customize price strategies down to the patient level
Data Services, Connectivity
- Seamless Electronic Prescription Integration: EZ e-Script provides access to the Surescripts national e-prescribing network as well as others.
- Electronic Billing: Supports multiple payor plans per patient and reconciliation of all claims.
- Internet Claims: Speedy background claims submission with sub-second response time and electronic claims hold for online batch transmission when available.
- DME Claims: Bill HME/DME (Pt B claims) to Medicare, Medicaid and third-party plans from your Visual Pharmacy system using EZ-DME.
- Interfaces: Easily connect to IVR systems, dispensing robots, medication delivery programs, 340B and pricing services.
Point of Sale
Visual POS® provides full-function cash register operation with the added business tracking and management tools you need to expertly manage your pharmacy. Integrates seamlessly with Visual Pharmacy system and EZ-Sign Signature Capture to provide users with superior point-of-sale processing for prescriptions and over-the-counter items.
Cconsists of a point-of-sale cash register lane, color monitor, receipt printer with check validation, keyboard, cash drawer, bar code scanner and a customer display pole.
Scanning the receipt bar code with the POS scanner provides access to patient, prescription and price information.
Current A/R balances and limits are also available at the POS lane, while sales, payments, debits and credits processed at the register are posted directly to Accounts Receivable.
Users can benefit from comprehensive management reports that help increase profit with sales analysis by product, department, sales tax and time, while also tracking unprocessed prescriptions.
- Label and receipts format adjustments
- User-defined tender types
- User-controlled menu and function security and password definitions
Inventory and Order Management
- Link multiple vendors to Universal Product Codes (UPC)
- Link bar codes for old and new manufacturer for product accuracy
- Create unique bar codes at store level for non-bar coded items
- Track on-hand inventory items and quantities, vendors and purchase orders
Security, Accountability and Productivity
- Prevents unauthorized user access to user-restricted functions
- Promotes greater staff accountability with full password security that links clerks to specific lanes, cash drawers and time period
- Control of voids, returns and file maintenance with password security
- Charge slips and manual postings eliminated with transactions charging through POS
- Full and partial payments through POS
- Prescription tracking through POS for third party audits and lost prescription identification
- Returns, adjustments and credits processing
- Increased speed with fast and easy function with merchandise scanning, multiple payment types including coupons
- Merchandise scanning or keyboard entry
- Tender splitting for multiple payment types
- New cashier training with practice mode
- Item additions, modifications at sale time
- Multiple invoice types, payment options
- User-defined special promotion with preloading of sale items and prices for a specific date range